There is a new LMS for Cargo and Offshore Seafarers from Ocean Technologies. This new LMS has a different login screen and login process from the old system. The URL/link to login is detailed below, please read the following instructions on how to log in.
What to do Next - Your login ID remains the same (your PCN number) as before, but your old password will not work.
How to access the new LMS for the first time
Steps on First Login - Password Change
- Load the Following the Link Ocean LMS
- Enter your PCN number
- Password - your First-time login password is your date of birth entered in the format (DD.MM.YYYY), e.g. you are born 30-DEC-2000 please use 30.12.2000
- You will be prompted to enter a new password once logged
- Enter the new password and click save
- Process Complete - you should now be able to search the LMS site
- To search courses - Go to advanced view -> Requirements -> Select Critical for Rank “Yes”.
- If you cannot find a course you are looking for, then please search the full catalogue
The above points are summarised in the short Video linked here
Q. Why does the Rank in my LMS account not appear correctly?
Your rank will reflect your learning rank profile which is not always the same as your actual rank. The Rank in Ocean LMS is used to assign courses based on a learning group.
Q. I am asked for a company at login or when resetting my password, what shall I use?
Q. How do I know what training I need to complete?
Go to advanced view -> Requirements -> Critical for Rank “Yes”.
Q. My old password does not work, what happened?
For new LMS, please login with your PCN as username and your start password is your date of birth in the format DD.MM.YYY ( so if you are born 31-DEC-2000 you use 31.12.2000)
Q. What is the direct link to login?
Click on the link below to access the site directly
Q. Can I print out certificates for eLearning I completed in the past?
No, you can only print completions for training in the new system.
It is not a requirement for V.Ships Crewing to store a paper copy, the digital record from Ocean supports our compliance process.
Q. What browsers are supported?
- The following browsers are supported: ✅
- Internet Explorer 11 and higher
- Microsoft Edge 42 and higher
- Mozilla Firefox 44 and higher
- Google Chrome 45 and higher
- Seagull Web Browser 4.1.39 and higher.
Not supported ❌
Do not use a mobile browser on a phone, tablet or similar device, See article on Mobile App install.
This application is designed for minimum 1280 x 900 pixels for optimal performance.