ShipMoney companion cards, allowing seafarers to give prepaid Visa cards to family members or partners, with 7 free monthly card-to-card transactions.
Companion Cards for Seafarers
- Can be used to store funds safely
- Ease of transfer
Companion Cards for Beneficiaries
- Receive money in real-time or schedule in advance.
- Cards are not linked to main card.
- Accessibility of funds globally
- Companion Cards have two types: physical for in-person use and virtual for online shopping and secure storage, obtained through the ShipMoney App or kiosks.
- Each Companion Card can hold up to $25,000 USD. (Please ask your mobilization team if these limits need to be extended due to political issues in your home country).
- ShipMoney cards are covered by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), with a combined storage limit of $100,000 USD across multiple cards.
- Companion Cards are not linked to the Main Card, ensuring separate and secure access to funds.